Hello and welcome to the workshop. My portion of the presentation will introduce you to the Teachers Network resources available to you through this grant, and the hands-on blogging and podcasting activities.
1) About Teachers Network: Who they are, and what services and resources they offer to teachers (most of which are free of charge).
- home page: www.teachersnetwork.org
- Lesson Plan Search
- Teachnet & Grants for Teachers
- Teachers Network Leadership Institute
- Streaming Videos
- P-credit courses (not free!)
2) How to Enroll in Online Courses for NYC teachers
3) Blogging in the Classroom
- See my post on blogging for good links
- Go to blogger.com to get started on your own blog
- Setting up blogger for your classroom: important decisions to make
4) Podcasting with Students
- See my post on podcasts for some good links
- Visit gcast.com to see how to quickly record a podcast
- Record a podcast together as a group
- See some other options for working with podcasts
Go to Bob Graham’s Presentation HERE (it’s a Google docs online presentation).