Hello MCA teachers, today we’ll be focusing on collaborative writing tools in our workshop this afternoon.
1) Blog Check-In: mcanyc.blogspot.com. Using Blogger, how to post, how to login. Responding to my invitation. What kinds of communication will be happening, follow-ups on workshops, more resources, questions answered.
2) Intro to Google Docs: How it works, what it can do, advantages over standard word processing software
3) Resources & Links
- Online Note-Taking using Google Docs & Notebook
- Google Docs
- Google Docs Tour
- Writely: a New Tool for the Classroom (NOTE: Writely was bought by Google, creating Google Docs)
- How Teachers Are using Google Docs
- Google Docs: An Overview for Educators
- Things to Do with Google Docs
- Google Docs for Class Notes & Projects
- Digital Memoirs Using Google Docs
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets in the Classroom
4) Hands-On: Register at Google; email me your account information: user name (______ + @gmail.com). My email/Google Account is: email@example.com (2 s’s and 2 g’s)
5) Collaborate together on a document: add your ideas for ways to integrate Google Docs across the curriculum
6) Reflections: how can we best use this technology? Concerns? Questions?
7) Choose next topic: Podcasts, Webquests, or Video Streaming